If you live in the beautiful state of Washington, chances are you’ve heard of Skagit Valley Food Co-op. If not, you’ll definitely want to put this one on your list of Co-ops to visit!
“Yes, we are a Co-op. Here’s what that means, in a nutshell: We are hyper-local and hyper-democratic, with values based on equality, equity, and solidarity. We are owned by 13,000 households in the community. Every owner-member has equal share, and equal say, in how the Co-op is run.”
Since 1973, the Co-op has been connecting the people of the Skagit Valley and its environs to local farmers, producers, suppliers, and those who production methods match their own — with holistic living, mindful sustainability, ethics, and community in mind.
Skagit Valley Food Co-op
202 South First Street, Downtown Mount Vernon, Washington
(Located at the corner of South First Street and Division Street, just east of the mighty Skagit River. Take Exit 226 (Kincaid Street) off of I-5 for a visit.)
Hours of Operation
Mon-Sat 8am-9pm Sun 9am-8pm
- Maintaining the non-for-profit status of the Co-op
- Offering high quality products which contribute to good nutrition
- Supporting a low impact, non-harmful approach to the environment
- Supporting local suppliers and producers
- A commitment to building a cooperative economy and supporting others who share that commitment
- A commitment to educational programs relevant to members and non-members in the community